What is Wire Rope?
- Wire rope is a form of metal tool that is constructed of multiple strands of wire that are twisted and braided together to form a spiral design or helix.
- To further enhance the strength of wire rope, they are grouped and wound together to produce cables, which adds to their usefulness as a means of support, ability to lift, and give structural stability.
- Wire rope is a machine with multiple moving parts.
- Wire rope is used in a wide variety of industries since it can be adapted and shaped to fit several applications.
- The types of wire rope are determined by the number of wires in each strand and how many are in the rope, which is defined by a two number system with the first number being the number of wires and the second being the number of wires in each strand.