What is Wire Forming?
- Wire forming is a process for adjusting the contour of straightened wire to achieve a unique shape or design.
- The wire forming process uses several different metals that include stainless steel, steel, aluminum, copper, brass, and alloyed metals.
- Wire forming is used by several manufacturing operations that include automobile production, medical equipment, food production, and shipping and handling.
- The types of equipment to complete wire forming vary between manual crafting to advanced CNC programmable machines.
- There is an endless variety of wire forms, which increases regularly as new uses and applications are developed.