What is an Industrial Shredder?
- A shredder is a piece of heavy duty equipment designed to shred dense and light materials to prepare them for recycling or the destruction of useless materials.
- There is a type of shredder designed for any type of material from ones that shred paper and cardboard to large industrial shredders that can shred mattresses and sheet metal.
- There is no limitation to the types of materials that can be shredded, which includes computers, disk drives, cars, aluminum cans, and outdated and unusable equipment.
- Shredders designed for industrial use are more complex and have to be engineered specifically for the material that they will disassemble.
- As environmental concerns continue to grow and have greater focus, more and more industries are seeing the benefits of using shredders as a method of taking useless and out of date materials and converting them to raw materials for remanufacturing.