What is roll forming?
- Roll forming is one of the fastest methods of producing products of any length with accurate tolerances and dimensions.
- Roll forming is a method of bending and shaping a metal strip into a predetermined form by passing the strip through a series of spaced rollers.
- Computerized roll forming is able to create and test parts and products before they are sent to production.
- The methods of roll forming include bending, wrapping, ring rolling, and shaping to name a few.
- Any type of ferrous or non-ferrous metal can be used in roll forming as long as it has the proper ductility.
- The advantages of roll forming include cost savings, flexibility, speed, reduced scrap, and energy savings.