What are NEMA Connectors?
- Electrical power connectors allow electronic devices to connect to power outlets.
- Electric power connectors carry alternating current (AC) or direct current (DC).
- Electrical enclosures are a cabinet or box designed to protect electrical equipment and prevent electrical shock.
- NEMA provides standards exclusively for North America. The IEC creates electrical standards used by over 80 nations.
- The most common wiring devices in the United States have current ratings of 15 to 60 amps (A) with voltage ratings of 125 to 600 volts (V).