What is Pneumatic Conveying?
- Pneumatic conveying systems use compressed air, or gas, to transfer bulk materials, like powders and granules, from one processing center to another.
- The positive or negative pressure in a pneumatic conveying line moves materials safely with little damage or loss.
- Pneumatic conveying systems use pipes or ducts to transport materials on a stream of air.
- Materials transported by pneumatic conveying systems include cement, fly ash, starch, sugar, salt, sand, plastic pellets, oats, polymers, lime, soda ash, plastic resin, plastic powder, dry milk, and feeds.
- Pneumatic conveying systems are widely used because of their efficiency, cost effectiveness, and flexibility.