What is Plastic Extrusion?
- Plastic extrusion is a continuous high volume manufacturing process in which a thermoplastic material is homogeneously melted and then forced out of the shaping die by means of pressure.
- There are different types of extruder. Generally, extruders can be classified as continuous or discontinuous extruders.
- A single screw extruder has different parts with the screw as the most important component.
- In plastic extrusion, there are various types of die which can be used like T-die, fishtail die, coat hanger die, spiral mandrel die, crosshead die, etc.
- Plastic extrusion has a wide range of applications including sheets, films, coatings, pipe, tubing, etc.