What is Plastic Tubing?
- Plastic tubing is a form of tubing that is manufactured from a mixture of a polymer with a variety of chemicals to form a material that can be solid or flexible.
- Plastic tubing is produced in any wall thickness, diameter, tolerance, and strength using a combination of materials to specifically fit various applications.
- The main benefit of plastic tubing over steel, aluminum, or other materials is its consistent strength and cost effectiveness since it is far less expensive to produce.
- The two methods for the manufacture of plastic tubing are extrusion and pultrusion.
- The number of materials used to manufacture plastic tubing is matched by the number of types of plastic tubing, which ranges from highly sanitary tubes used in cleanrooms and surgery to drainage tubes for sewage and waste removal.