What is Perforated Sheet Metal?
- A perforated metal is sheet metal that has been stamped, fabricated, or punched to create a pattern of holes, slots, and various aesthetic shapes
- Though perforated metals are valued for their aesthetic appeal, they have several benefits beyond their appearance.
- The process of perforating, which used to be extremely labor intensive, has been modernized and mechanized to meet present day standards.
- The types of perforated metals are determined by the shape of the punctures, which include round, rectangular, diamond shaped, hexagonal, slotted, and combinations, to name a few.
- From its beginnings as a protective covering for military use, perforated metals have progressed to become an essential part of several industries as decorative art, structural support, filtration systems, and protective covering.