What is a Parts Washer?
- A parts washer is a mechanical device designed to remove grit, grime, oil, miscellaneous debris, dirt, paint, and other contaminating substances from parts in preparation for their use in assembly operations, packaging, or coating.
- Parts washers are a significant necessary investment that has to be maintained and require a regular maintenance cycle.
- Though there are a variety of parts cleaning systems, the majority of systems divide into two types – aqueous or water cleaners and solvent cleaners.
- In the design of a parts washer, the first consideration is the size, shape, and configuration of the parts to be cleaned.
- A main component of a parts washer is the type of solvent or cleaner it uses.