What is an O-Ring?
- An O-ring is a round elastic loop that is used as a seal for static and dynamic applications.
- The production and manufacture of O-rings involves the use of two production processes, which are extrusion and injection, compression, and transfer molding.
- The choice of a specific material used to produce an O-ring is dependent on its final use, which is to serve as a seal between two surfaces to prevent leakage of a gas or liquid.
- As new applications for O-rings arise, different materials have been adapted to fit the increased need.
- O-ring types are divided by their function and the material used to produce them. The two functional designs of O-rings are static and dynamic.