What is a Mezzanine?
- A mezzanine is an intermediate floor installed in a building between the main floor and the ceiling that is partly open to the main floor.
- Mezzanines can be permanent or temporary and can serve as extra office space, storage area, or a work platform.
- There are several forms of mezzanines that are designed to fit specific conditions.
- Mezzanines can be used for office space, an extra work area, storage, or a platform for equipment use.
- The regulations regarding the installation of a mezzanine are determined by the IBC and OSHA.
- When planning to install mezzanine, it is important to be sure that the building floor can handle the extra weight.