What is Die Stamping?
- Die stamping uses operations that include flanging, piercing, blanking, coining, and shearing.
- Die stamping is a method for cutting and forming metal into a specified shape.
- There are three types of die stamping production methods: line, transfer, and progressive with progressive being the most used.
- Ferrous and nonferrous metals are used into die stamping. Metals should be tested for their ductility and tensile strength.
- The fastest growing form of die stamping is microstamping that produces miniature precision parts with exact tolerances.
- There are four types of die stamping machines: hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and servomotor.