What are Alnico Magnets?
- Alnico magnets are permanent magnets made of aluminum, nickel, and cobalt.
- Alnico magnets have 5 to 17 times the magnetic force of magnetite or lodestone.
- Alnico magnets come in several variations with different amounts of aluminum, nickel, and cobalt. Copper and titanium may be added to increase magnetic strength.
- There are 29 grades of alnico magnets that are 17 cast, 10 sintered, and 2 bonded.
- Alnico magnets are used for applications that involve high operating temperature applications.