What is Lost Wax Casting?
- Lost wax casting, or investment casting, is a casting process that uses a wax pattern to create the initial design for a part to be produced in a ceramic mold.
- Lost wax casting can produce a variety of complex and intricate parts with excellent tolerances.
- Lost wax casting is used to produce parts that require tight tolerances with thinner walls and exceptional surface finishes that require very little after process finishing.
- The casting process for lost wax casting involves multiple steps that begin with the creation of the pattern, or master, which is made from wax.
- Lost wax casting uses a wide assortment of metals to create parts with exceptional accuracy and tolerances.