What is a Forging Press?
- The forging press process uses a vertical ram to apply gradual controlled pressure to a die holding a workpiece.
- There are several methods for creating force for a forging press, which include mechanical, hydraulic, servo, and pneumatic.
- The process of a forging press is quicker and less expensive than other production methods.
- Regardless of the wide use of press forging, there are drawbacks, limitations, and disadvantages to the process.
- Forging presses are an essential part of the manufacturing processes of several industries, which include automotive, aerospace, agricultural equipment, oilfield parts, tools and hardware, and military ordnance.