What is a Mass Flow Meter?
- Mass flow meters measure the volume or mass of a gas or liquid passing through a system at a fixed point.
- Mass flow meters measure linear, nonlinear, mass, and volumetric flow rates and have different names depending on the industry and their use.
- Liquid flow can be either open channel or closed conduit, where open channel is open to the atmosphere and closed conduit is enclosed.
- Flow of liquids and gases requires constant and vigilant monitoring with precise and accurate measurements and readings.
- Mass flow measurement is either mass or volumetric, where mass flow measures the number of molecules in a gas, while volumetric measures the space between molecules.