What is a Linear Actuator?
- Linear actuators convert rotational motion into push or pull linear motion, which can be used for lifting, dropping, sliding, or tilting machines or materials.
- Though the function of all linear actuators is the same, there are several different ways the motion is achieved.
- The basis for a linear actuator‘s design is an inclined plane.
- Linear actuators come in several configurations to fit any possible application, environment, setting, or industry.
- Modern linear actuators look much the same as they did when they were first introduced.
- Static and dynamic are the two load capacity variables of a linear actuator.