What is a 55 Gallon Drum?
- A 55 gallon drum is a cylindrical container made of a variety of materials designed to hold 55 US gallons or 208 liters.
- The system used to establish the standards for 55 gallon drums was devised by the United Nations.
- Most 55 gallon drums are made from plastic, steel, stainless steel, or fiber.
- The process used to manufacture 55 gallon drums depends on the material being used.
- 55 gallon drums, which were once thought to be the foundation of oil production, have become an essential component in material and substance handling.